Friday, February 27, 2009

Shrimp and Broccoli

Despite my love of crispy bacon, juicy chicken, and medium-rare steak, I've decided to go vegetarian for a while. I've heard rumors that decreasing meat consumption leads to increasing energy levels, so to get through the last of the dreary winter slump, I'm including lots of seafood and beans, and maybe even a little tofu into my diet.



There's a recipe for roasted shrimp and broccoli that has permeated the blogosphere, and with good reason. It's speedy, flavorful, and healthy, making it especially perfect for weeknight dinners. I got the recipe from The Amateur Gourmet. I substituted garlic powder for the coriander called for in the original, sprinkled the top with a few toasted pine nuts and Parmesan cheese, and served over a brown rice and quinoa medley for a nearly guilt-free meal.



Feel free to share your favorite animal-free recipes with me!

1 comment:

diana said...

We had this for dinner last night and it was super quick and good! Thanks!