Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cookies!

My kitchen and I had a great time last night. There were trays of cookies to bake, and toffee to break, and pork loin to brine, and cranberries to simmer. It was an almost Zen-like experience.



There's something I love about holiday cookie tins. I find even the simplest ones to be lovely, and they're usually packed with something wonderful. This year mine are filled with cranberry cornmeal drop cookies, cardamom butter squares with espresso and chocolate glaze, and peanut toffee with milk chocolate.

I'm so excited to host Christmas this year for my family. Any friends that are around in the evening are welcome to stop by for eggnog, good cheer, and the Sufjan Stevens holiday anthology. Elvis's Christmas album will probably also get some play.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely collection of cookies you've assmbled there Beth! I didn't see those in the Jewel frozen cookie aisle...where did you buy them? Ha ha ha ha ha. Of course I jest. I know you make the best cookies on the planet so I'll see you on Christmas!

diana said...

Mmmm...sounds delish! I wish I were sticking around for all those yummy looking cookies. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

the agnostic servant said...

i will not be square, i will be there.