Saturday, February 9, 2008

Europain


Someone front me some money. Paris is calling again, and this time it's for business. Sometimes my business is more like pleasure though, especially if France is involved. Lack of funds and vacation time will prevent me from attending, but I would love to experience Europain some day.

Europain is the pastry world's largest convention. It is host to La Coupe du Monde de la Patisserie. I'm talking about the WORLD CUP of baking. Artisans from all over the world train like crazy and present in the following categories: Bread, Viennese Pastries, Savoury Presentation, and Artistic Presentation.

America has won 2 out of the last three competitions, which probably pisses off France. This year, Chicago's Peter Yuen is a member of Team USA. He own La Patisserie P, a bakeshop specializing in Asian and French pastries and breads.

Amazingly, this competition isn't televised. Food Network hasn't gotten it's claws into it yet. I'll be cheering for Yuen anyway. I'm a big fan of his products. He will be providing croissants and a few other items for the new bake shop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yUen S A! yUen S A! yUen S A!

Nif said...

Let's go next year!!!!