Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lets Eat!

I am consistently at a loss for restaurant ideas when it comes time to choose one. Although there are a infinite options for dining out, ideas of where to go, and what to eat, seem to leave me whenever I actually need a concrete place. A friend calls, hungry for dinner, and the pressure to pick a restaurant looms large. I've been meaning to write down a list of places I'd like to visit to have as reference for a long time. Finally, I've done it.

Below is my incomplete list of places I'd like to eat at in Chicago. It ranges from sandwich dives to suit and tie. I'll add to it from time to time. Please let me know if you'd like to accompany me to one!

Brasserie Ruhlmann
Bluebird
Crisp
The Brown Sack
The Gage
Friendship
Otom
Bacchanalia
Big Buns and Pita
Bon Soiree
Chalkboard
Coalfire
Crust
El Cid
La Scarola
Lagniappe
Le Bouchon
Marrakesh Express
May Street Market
Pierogi Factory
Rustik
Smoque
Snappy’s Shrimp House
Su-Ra
West Town Tavern

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I would like to accompany you to one.

Colleen said...

I will go to ALL of these locations with you. EXCEPT Piergi Factory - they closed a few months ago.

I've never heard of some of these places, but I to have been wanting to go to Bacchanalia, Chalkboard, Crust, and Smoque.

I'll make sure to dust off my tie for Bacchanalia - HA!

the agnostic servant said...

Brasserie Ruhlmann - sounds good
Bluebird - awesome
Crisp - NHOI (Never Heard Of It)
The Brown Sack - NHOI
The Gage - overrated, cool urinals
Friendship - NHOI
Otom - overrated
Bacchanalia - NHOI
Big Buns and Pita - NHOI
Bon Soiree - overrated
Chalkboard - sounds good
Coalfire - sounds overrated
Crust - sounds overrated
El Cid - NHOI
La Scarola - good, great tablecloths, awesome smartass waiters
Lagniappe - heard of it, don't care (isn't it in the burbs?)
Le Bouchon - don't you live down the street from it???
Marrakesh Express - NHOI
May Street Market - overrated
Pierogi Factory - closed
Rustik - NHOI
Smoque - eh
Snappy’s Shrimp House - did you make this one up?
Su-Ra - didn't you already eat here?
West Town Tavern - eh

alinea
spiaggia
schwa
cheesecake factory

conspicuously missing from the list

Matt said...

Count me in for Smoque. Me, you and Colleen. Let's see if Chicago que can hold up.

Anonymous said...

Crust - totally overated. the flatbreads are lame. the infused spirits cocktails are the only bright spot.

Coalfire - every bit as good as you've heard. Maybe better. And its BYOB.