Friday, August 17, 2007

Efrain and 24 Below

I met my friend Efrain Cuevas while he was chefing for Ghetto Gourmet. He's left them to start his own venture, 24 Below. He's a very cool, creative fellow, and it's nice to see that his efforts to expand the Chicago culinary scene are getting noticed. The Tribune ran a great article about him and some of his upcoming events yesterday.

One of his future events will feature a goat soup, with the goat actually being slaughtered and butchered onsite. If you think it seems grotesque, take a pause to think about where the meat you eat comes from. A dinner like this could be highly educational. I think it's a fantastic idea.

Great things are going to come from this guy. Keep an eye out for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh....okay. I've stopped and taken a bit of a time out to think about where the meat I eat comes from. I think the chicken I had last week came from Jewel. Yes, I'm certain of it. It was from Jewel. You were there to buy it with me...I totally remember all of this now. We bought pork chops too!

What this has to do with slaughtering a goat, I have no idea.