Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tuesday's Dinner

Tuesday night with the Ghetto Gourmet was another smash. It's very fun to cook this way, and I especially enjoy plating. Chef Efrain Cuevas is one talented guy, and very generous to share his personal supply of beer. I am really looking forward to getting more involved with this kick ass group of people. But apparently, many of you guys already know that, as Maura has become a one-woman promotions machine for my involvement with The Ghet. Can someone please forward me the email she's got circulating??? Some how I didn't make it onto the email list. Ha!

Check out the menu:

2 Tamales, wrapped in Banana Leaf
Corn Masa w/ Duck Confit, Filled w/ Smoked Duck w/ Black Cherry Mole. Accomp By Pickled Yellow Carrot and Tomatillo Chipotle Salsa

Black Bean Soup w/ Epazote and Roasted Peppers, Topped w/ Duck Cracklins

Paella Risotto w/ Smoked Chicken, Spanish Chorizo, Jumbo Shrimp, and Asparagus w/ Spicy Cilantro Peanut Pesto

Chocolate Sponge Cake Roulade, Spiced w/ Pasilla Chile, Cardamom, and Ginger, Chocolate Cinnamon Whipped Cream w/ Orange Zest and Spicy Candied Pecans

(Doesn't it just make you want breakfast?)

1 comment:

Nif said...

I have to stop reading your blog when I'm hungry, damn you, Beth...