Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Nightmares Realized

I was ripped back into reality yesterday after returning to work from a lovely weekend.

First on the list was a wedding cake order where I have to create something like this.



Shoot me in the head. So you get the full effect, this thing has two staircases complete with figurines to represent the wedding party, and a working fountain. In the case of this particular photo, the fountain just happens to look like it's regurgitating blood. Doesn't bode well for the upcoming marital years. There's no place for a cake this gaudy in my repertoire.

Then, around 10:00, a perky senior from New Trier High School came bouncing into the kitchen and announced that she'd be shadowing me for the NEXT FOUR WEEKS. For the record, I have no problem having observers, passing on my (very limited) knowledge base, etc. I'm more than happy to do it. However, I had no idea this girl was showing up. I was completely unprepared. Apparently the owners forgot to tell me that they had spoken to her several weeks before and arranged this with her school. Now I need to "entertain" nearly every day for the next month, which includes curbing my foul mouth and trying extremely hard to follow sanitation laws to the letter. It's a bit unnerving to have to put that much effort into work, when most of the work I do is so repetitive that it's brainless.

Fucking blood fountains...

3 comments:

At it again Jen said...

I can hear you now...
"Stooopid fucking cake! This is SUCH bullshit!"

J/K, you'll be fine. I know this.

Duke said...

i like that cake. it'd be awesome. for danzig.

the agnostic servant said...

that is the ugliest cake i have ever seen.