Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Edible Books at Columbia College


Here's photos from the 8th Annule Edible Books event that I participated in last Sunday. Each entry was an edible form of a book. It was held, of course, in the library at Columbia College. I didn't know it was a competition until I got there. I won "Most Tasteful," but was the only professional in the bunch, so I'll just leave it at that.

Was fun. Thanks to those who came!
  My entry was a replication of two pages from Shel Silverstein's The Giving Tree. Text says, "And the boy loved the tree..."
Cake, deconstructed:
Snickerdoodle cake
Cinnamon French Buttercream
Rolled Fondant Icing with Buttercream Decoration
  The Swiss Cheese Family Robinson. Get it???
 
Posted by Picasa
This one had something to do with Scrabble.
Peter Panini


I don't remember what book this was originated from, but oh man...that's good use of Pockey!


In my opinion, the most beautiful entry. It was made from dried bananas and very firm layers of green tea gelatin.


The Whale Rider. That's blue jello granules on the outside.
The Pillow Book, made out of marshmallows.

The Wizard of Olives.
Aftermath

4 comments:

the agnostic servant said...

only 3 pictures show up.

you suck at the internet.

At it again Jen said...

Red X....

You're cake sounds deelish.

Duke said...

glad they didn't have Love in the Time of Cholera...or Ordeal by Hunger: The Story of the Donner Party.

wouldn't have eaten those books!

Beth said...

Okay then...all the photos are fixed. I am not sucking at the internet today.