Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Kicking into high gear...

After a (somewhat) chance encouter with a very nice, good looking expatriot who happens to be a young chef/proprietor, I am feeling the need to realign my career focus. It was a much-needed wake up call. Everything is stable in Evanston, but I'm not learning anything new, and I'm not comfortable being stagnant right now. There's way too much that I don't know yet to be content with just this. So, I applied for a whole bunch of jobs today. Several of them are things I am very underqualified for, but those are the ones I am most excited about. They offer a challenge, and the daunting task of starting all over again. Gasp. Now's the time.

There is an Italian beef joint opening up two blocks down the street. It's going into a space that used to be a deli, but that has been closed since before we lived here. From the looks of it, there's a lot of work left to do, but the awnings are up above the door. We've been in this space for a year-and-a-half, and will be vacating at the end of the month. So NOW there's going to be an Italian beef place. What luck!

Finally, there are rats taking up residence in the engine of my car. When I got my oil changed today the mechanic found Wendy's wrappers lodged up near the engine. Apparently the little assholes burrow up there in the winter after you park, while the parts are still warm. That just might explain some of the weird noises the car was making. Ah, city living...there's nothing quite like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! RATS???!!!!